2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
One of the many reasons why the 2021 Chevy Silverado remains a beloved truck on Lehi streets is its exceptional towing capacity. What is the towing capacity of the Chevy Silverado 1500? When properly equipped, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity reaches 13,300 pounds. Add its 2,280-pound maximum payload capacity, and you have a truck that can handle any Pleasant Grove light-duty job. Join Ken Garff Chevrolet below for a look at how the 2021 Silverado towing capacity varies by engine, and what features enhance the towing capacity.
What is the Towing Capacity of a Chevy Silverado 1500 with Each Engine Option?
The 2021 Silverado towing capacity varies by engine, giving you the ability to choose just the right amount of power. Here are the specs for the five available engine options:
4.3L V6 Engine (Standard)
- 285 hp
- Best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque
- 7,900-pound towing capacity is 7,900 pounds
2.7L Turbo Engine
- 310 hp
- 348 lb-ft of torque
- 9,600-pound towing capacity
5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management
- 355 hp
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- 11,500-pound towing capacity (The same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds.)
6.2L V8 Engine
- 13,300-pound towing capacity on the RST trim
- 420 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel
- 9,500-pound towing capacity
- 277 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
Chevy Silverado Towing Features
While the engines are at the heart of the 2021 Silverado towing capacity, there are several packages and towing features that make towing safer and easier on Eagle Mountain streets. Take a look at the two trailering packages available for the Chevy Silverado:
- Trailering Package: You’ll get this package standard on the Chevy Silverado 1500. It includesa trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Upgrade your American Fork towing experience with this trailering package that’s available on select trims and includes the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: While other technology has started to replace optional tow mirrors, our parts department will continue to carry them.
Feel the Chevy Silverado 1500 Power at Ken Garff Chevrolet
No matter which engine and trim level you choose, you’ll find it in the Chevy Silverado 1500 inventory at Ken Garff Chevrolet! Contact us to schedule a test drive so you can experience the engines that give the Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity its power.
More from Ken Garff Chevrolet
Your busy family has enough on their calendar as it is, and excessive fuel stops in Lehi aren’t necessarily something you want to make time for. If you’re ready to trade in your vehicle for a more fuel-efficient mid-size SUV, look no further than the 2023 Chevy Traverse! Despite its size, the Chevy Traverse…
When it comes to getting the job done with confidence, nothing beats the reliability of a new Chevrolet Silverado 1500. For years, drivers from Lehi and beyond have trusted this powerhouse of a truck, and we’re confident it will be a valuable addition to your own driveway. What about the 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500…
Experience the ultimate blend of functionality and safety as you embark on your journeys with the 2023 Chevy Tahoe. This SUV is designed to empower you to accomplish more, ensuring that you have ample cargo space for your weekly shopping trips and a remarkable towing capacity to haul your boat, cargo trailer, or camper…