10 Maintenance Things Every Driver Should Know How to Do
No matter the model you drive, it’s important to keep up with recommended maintenance. And learning how to properly care for your model can help it last longer and run smoother. At our service center, we’ve created a guide to help you learn ten simple automotive maintenance tips that will keep both you and your model on local roads longer and safer. Already know it’s time to schedule maintenance? Use our automotive maintenance scheduler to get an appointment.
Essential Automotive Maintenance Tips
When it comes down to it, there are 10 maintenance things every driver should know how to do for the most efficient operation of your vehicle. Here are the basics of car maintenance:
- Know your maintenance intervals – Routine maintenance means adhering to your automotive maintenance scheduler. That may mean following a modern app service interval reminder, or jotting down when you’re due for your next service.
- Reference your manual – Always know where your owner’s manual is, and know how to utilize it. Should you ever be in a pinch, your owner’s manual is a priceless resource to guide you.
- Fuel properly – Inform yourself of the proper octane level for your vehicle. Using the wrong octane level could result in inefficient engine performance on Lehi roads.
- Check the oil – Check your oil quality and level frequently. Doing so will promote good oil health and engine operation. You’ll also become more aware of your vehicle’s exact oil change interval as you learn how it wears.
- Check the coolant – Learn how to check your coolant level. Using your owner’s manual to locate the coolant reservoir, you can simply check the level according to the line indicating the proper amount of coolant.
- Inspect your tires – Check your tires for wear and tear, and pay attention to your handling. Should you detect changes in your tread depth or control at the wheel, you may be due for a rotation, alignment, or wheel balance. This is one of the most important automotive maintenance tips.
- Inspect the engine air filter – You want clean air circulating through your vehicle’s cabin. Reference your owner’s manual to locate your filter and check it often for debris buildup.
- Check your wiper blades – Make sure your wiper blades are always prepared for whatever weather Orem could bring your way. Check for wiper fluid as well to ensure you can clean your windshield for the best possible visibility.
- Inspect your bulbs – Interior and exterior lighting are important to your safety. Inspect your headlights, tail lights, brake lights, and dome light frequently to ensure you can see and other drivers can see you.
- Clean your cabin – A clean interior makes for a better ride and a higher resale value should you ever choose to sell your vehicle. Preserve the integrity of your upholstery and appointments by keeping them clean and protected.
Get More Automotive Maintenance Tips From Ken Garff Chevrolet
When the time comes, use our convenient automotive maintenance scheduler to reserve your maintenance appointment at our service center. If you have more questions, be sure to reach out to our team! We’re more than happy to help you take care of your car, truck, or SUV.